The Diploma program is offered by Distance Learning on a part-time basis, running for a period of six months.
Delivery of the program will involve a variety of teaching methods, including lectures in electronic format, web-based materials, paper-based reading, and an on-line discussion forum.
- Each of the five Program modules will consist of lectures in electronic format, supported by directed private study, and will include self-assessment elements
- Lectures will consist of online lectures by leading experts in the field
- Lecture material will be supplemented by a program of directed study, including review papers and original research publications
- Students will be provided with a comprehensive portfolio of reading material in electronic format. The core program textbook (Drugs in Sport, Routledge) and online access to the British Journal of Sports Medicine will also be provided to all students as part of the registration fee
- The program will include a formal examination to be completed by students